Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10-12 fritters
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 300g broccoli florets [10.5 oz]
- 300g cauliflower florets [10.5 oz]
- 125g cheddar [4.4 oz]
- 4 organic eggs
- 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 50g finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- vegetable oil to fry
- yoghurt and lemon to serve
- Heat some water in a large saucepan.
- With the coarse side of a cheese grater, grate broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- When water is boiling, tip grated broccoli and cauliflower in the saucepan and blanch for 3-4 mins. Drain well, extracting as much water as possible.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add chopped onion, crushed garlic, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, grated cheddar, parsley, nutmeg and garam masala. Mix until well blended. Season to taste. If mix does not hold together well, you can add some more breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- When oil is hot, spoon one generous tablespoon of vegetable mixture. Flatten it with a flipper/ turner spatula.
- Cook for 3 to 4 mins until you can flip it on the other side. When done transfer to a warm plate in the oven. Cover with foil.
- Repeat for each fritter. Depending on the size of your frying pan, you might be able to cook more than one fritter at the time.
- Serve with yoghurt and some lemon. The fritters can be eaten warm or at room temperature.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |