This is a mild curry dish but you can add chilli powder or fresh chilli if you prefer something spicier. I added some raisins for a touch of sweetness.
Serve it with wholegrain rice or naan and plenty of fresh coriander on top.
How to make this cauliflower and aubergine curry
This is a really straightforward recipe that you can have ready on the table in 40 minutes. It makes great leftovers the next day as the flavours will have had even more time to develop.
First, you will need to gently fry the onion with the spices and tomato puree. You can then add the vegetables, vegetable stock and raisins and let everything simmer for 15 minutes.
At this stage add the coconut milk and drained chickpeas and cook for a further 15mins. Season to taste and serve with chopped chillis and fresh coriander. Et voilà!
- Make it lower-fat: swap full fat coconut milk for light coconut milk.
- Additional toppings: serve with (dairy-free) yoghurt or cream
To Reheat this cauliflower and aubergine curry
Leftover curry is just the best! You can reheat this one the next day in the same pan on the stovetop over medium-low heat. You can also place this curry in the microwave until heated through.
Here are more curry recipes you may like to try
- AUBERGINE CURRY
- BROCCOLI CURRY WITH CHICKPEAS [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- CABBAGE CURRY [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower and aubergine curry recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Cauliflower and Aubergine Curry [vegan] [gluten free]
- large saucepan
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 500 g cauliflower florets
- 500 g aubergines
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 75 g raisins
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 g can chickpeas
- lemon juice to taste
- Fresh chilli to taste
- salt & pepper
- bunch of fresh coriander
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry finely chopped onion until soft. Add crushed garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and tomato puree.
- Cut cauliflower florets into medium size. Cut aubergines into 2cm [0.8 inch] dice. Add cut vegetables to pan.
- Add vegetable stock and raisins. Cook for 15mins.
- Add coconut milk and drained chickpeas. Cook for a further 15mins.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt & pepper. Serve with chopped chillis and fresh coriander.
I cannot wait to see your posts!