Looking for a delicious and healthy vegetarian curry recipe? This cauliflower and aubergine curry is packed with flavour and nutrients, thanks to a blend of aromatic spices and fresh vegetables. Plus, it’s easy to make ahead of time, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights or entertaining guests.
This is a mild curry dish but you can add chilli powder or fresh chilli if you prefer something spicier. I added some raisins for a touch of sweetness.
Serve it with wholegrain rice or naan and plenty of fresh coriander on top. It is best made the day before so the flavours can develop overnight.
How to make this cauliflower and aubergine curry
This is a really straightforward recipe that you can have ready on the table in 40 minutes. It makes great leftovers the next day as the flavours will have even more time to develop.
First, you will need to gently fry the onion with the spices and tomato puree. You can then add the vegetables, vegetable stock and raisins and let everything simmer for 15 minutes.
At this stage add the coconut milk and drained chickpeas and cook for a further 15mins. Season to taste and serve with chopped chillis and fresh coriander. Et voilà!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious and easy vegan curry
- Makes fantastic leftover
- Packed with flavour and nutrients
- Mild enough for kids, you can add chilli powder or fresh chilli if you prefer something spicier
What to serve with this curry
I like to serve this dish with a side of basmati rice (white or brown) and some freshly chopped coriander and chillies on top.
Naan bread is always a plus. If you have the time and the inclination, you can make a batch of my soft and fluffy homemade coriander flatbreads (you will need to plan slightly ahead of time though as the dough needs to be left to rise).
To reheat this cauliflower and aubergine curry
Leftover curry is just the best! You can reheat this one the next day in the same pan on the stovetop over medium-low heat. You can also place this curry in the microwave until heated through.
- Additional toppings: serve with (dairy-free) yoghurt or cream
- Make it lower-fat: swap full-fat coconut milk for light coconut milk.
Here are more curry recipes you may like to try
I hope you enjoy this cauliflower and aubergine curry recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Cauliflower and Aubergine Curry [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 500 g cauliflower florets
- 500 g aubergines
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 75 g raisins
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 g can chickpeas
- lemon juice to taste
- Fresh chilli to taste
- salt & pepper
- bunch of fresh coriander
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry finely chopped onion until soft. Add crushed garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and tomato puree.
- Cut cauliflower florets into medium size. Cut aubergines into 2cm [0.8 inch] dice. Add cut vegetables to pan.
- Add vegetable stock and raisins. Cook for 15mins.
- Add coconut milk and drained chickpeas. Cook for a further 15mins.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt & pepper. Serve with chopped chillis and fresh coriander.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!