These vegan Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups make the perfect grab & go breakfast or snack.
These vegan Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups make the perfect grab & go breakfast or snack. Why not sneak a few in the kids’ lunchbox?
The mashed banana gives them a soft texture which is perfect with a hot or cold drink.
Packed with pumpkin and sunflower seeds, these are not too sweet and make a nice change from porridge or bars.
If you prefer a gluten-free option, simply replace the spelt flour with some gluten-free oats that you can ground yourself to flour in a blender. You can also replace the cranberries with raisins.
You can certainly make a batch ahead as these will keep for 5 days in an airtight container.
Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups [vegan]
- 12-hole muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- 200 g rolled oats
- 100 g wholemeal spelt flour – for gluten free grind 100g [US 1 cup] rolled oats to flour
- 1 chia egg – 1 Tbsp of ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 ml coconut oil + extra for greasing
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 75 g pumpkin seeds
- Mix of extra cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Make the chia egg by mixing together 1 Tbsp of ground chia seeds and 3 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients : oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Mash banana in a bowl. Add maple syrup, cooled coconut oil, vanilla extract and chia egg. Mix well together.
- Mix banana mixture with the dry ingredients until all is well combined.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with some extra coconut oil.
- Carefully spoon the oatmeal cup mixture into each muffin hole pressing with a spoon so it is densely packed. Each hole should be filled to full height.
- Add toppings, pressing them gently into each cup.
- Place in the oven for about 20-25 mins until golden.
- Once done, let cool the oatmeal cups down in the tin. When cold, carefully remove each one with a sharp knife.
- These baked oatmeal cups will keep for 5 days in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!