Marston’s, one of Britain’s leading pub chains, is the first national pub chain to sell the Moving Mountains B12 Burger, the UK’s first meatless ‘bleeding’ burger, which sizzles, smells, tastes and bleeds like meat but is completely plant-based. Marston’s initially tasted the Moving Mountains B12 Burger in spring time this year and it has become the fastest taste-to-table menu offering in the pub brand’s history. It is now the flagship of its meat free menu which can be enjoyed by vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians and committed carnivores alike.
Moving Mountains B12 Burger, which contains 18g of plant protein, uses natural ingredients, scientific processes and confidential technology to make the burger replicate animal meat in every way:
- Oyster Mushrooms are the base, which maintains the mouth-watering, succulent texture and differentiates the burger from US competitors. It provides health benefits including lowering cholesterol
- Pea protein provide a source of protein
- Wheat and soy proteins give a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a traditional burger
- Beetroot juice allows a juicy, ‘bleed’ at the centre of the patty
- Coconut oil provides a fatty, satisfying consistency
- Oats help provide the firm structure of the patty
- Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meats, has been added so that the Moving Mountains burger can genuinely compete with a beef burger and provide more essential nutrients as the burger contains the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of B12
Each Moving Mountains B12 Burger has zero cholesterol, 18g of plant protein, is vegan and free-from antibiotics and hormones. Seriously satisfying, the burger is designed to quell comfort-food cravings, without the meat hangover.
Moving Mountains is a 100% British business and 100% independent. Unlike some of the plant-based meat brands outside of the UK, it has no shareholders from the meat industry, meaning there is never a compromise on the brand’s core values.
Moving Mountains is a bold and powerful metaphor for the brand’s “massive” goal of living in harmony on a sustainable planet, as well as a daily affirmation in the form of cruelty-free, plant-based food and human health.
Moving Mountains Founder, British entrepreneur Simeon Van der Molen, has more than twenty years’ experience in plant-based products and launched the all-natural, vegan household brand Ecozone in 2000, building his innovative laundry and cleaning brand into a household name for the environmentally-minded community. Both Moving Mountains and Ecozone do not test on animals.
Nicola Arrow, Marston’s Senior Food Development Manager comments: “We have listened to our customers and taken the growing demand for healthier and alternative options across the pub sector as a great opportunity to develop and update our menu. We wanted to find the right supplier for this home-grown product and we believe we have found a great partner in Moving Mountains. It is an exciting opportunity for us to work with a new British business, which is at the forefront of real change.
“The Moving Mountains B12 Burger is such an innovative addition to our menus. It not only caters to our vegetarian and vegan customers but also to those who are trying to make more conscious health or ethical choices when eating out.”