This World Vegan Day, The Vegan Society celebrates its 74th birthday marking the occasion by releasing a free VeGuide app. Aimed at vegetarians, flexitarians and anyone who is curious about a plant-based diet and wants to embark on a cruelty-free journey, this new app is available for both Android and iOS devices. It offers an introduction to a vegan lifestyle through a combination of interactive content with shopping, nutrition and recipe information.
Tailored for a UK audience, VeGuide app helps users deal with issues such as giving up cheese, struggling to find vegan products, covering the basics of transitioning to a vegan lifestyle or even deciding if veganism really is the right choice for you.
Users are guided over a period of 30 days, with the VeGuide app covering the basics of transitioning to a vegan lifestyle with short, daily videos. The videos are presented by Mic the Vegan, Rae Likes Froot and Jay Brave, who will act as your personal vegan guides, exploring the most common stumbling blocks to going vegan and giving you the tools to overcome them.
As you progress through your journey, watch your sunflower grow and blossom in the “My Progress” section of the app. Check in for the full 30 days and at the end of the journey, you should be ready to become a fully-fledged vegan!
VeGuide App Features
- Choose your motivation for going vegan and be kept on track with new quotes and facts tailored to your reasons for going vegan, each time you open the app.
- Watch daily videos presented by our expert vegan guides, covering the most common struggles and questions about going vegan.
- Keep track of your progress each day by watching your sunflower grow in the ‘My Progress’ section.
- Answer the daily quiz correctly to unlock recipes, discount codes and new VegAnswers.
- Boost your expertise with the VegAnswers section – VegAnswers are little nuggets of information that will broaden your knowledge on vegan issues.
- Recipes will be added to your recipe bank so you can revisit them at any time.
The app, which has UK and US versions, also includes quizzes and a rewards programme for products registered with the Vegan Trademark. Most vegan pledges are email-based such as those people take as a New Year’s resolution, making VeGuide is the first app of its kind.