Bursting with goodness this salad combines lentils, edamame and mung beans tossed in a maple dressing.
You can eat this Parsnip, Lentil & Bean Salad with Pomegranate warm or at room temperature. Bursting with goodness it combines lentils, edamame and mung beans tossed with parsnip in a sweet pomegranate and maple dressing.
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can make for lunch or dinner. Ideal also for a buffet or as a side dish.
One of your five-a-day, beans and pulses are also packed with low fat and high fibre proteins. Whether you follow a plant-based diet or not, eating more beans and pulses is essential to a healthy balanced diet.
A sprinkle of feta on top works also quite well if you prefer a vegetarian option.
Parsnip, Lentil & Bean Salad with Pomegranate [vegan] [gluten free]
- baking tray
- 2 saucepans
- mixing bowl
- 350 g parsnips
- 250 g frozen shelled edamame – thawed
- 100 g mung beans
- 100 g puy lentils
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil + extra to roast parsnips
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7/ fan 200C.
- Peel the parsnip and cut into thick matchsticks. Spread on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook for around 20 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime heat some salted water in 2 separate saucepans. When the water is boiling add the lentils to one and the mug beans to the other. Cook until done (around 12-15 minutes for the lentils and 15-20 minutes for the mung beans). Check frequently as they still should have a bite.
- When done, drain well and set aside.
- While everything is cooking, make the dressing by mixing together crushed garlic, olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, maple syrup, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Season to taste.
- When all is cooked mix the parsnips, mung beans, lentils and edamame in a salad bowl. Add the rocket, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Toss in dressing.
- Serve warm or a room temperature.
I cannot wait to see your posts!