Quick and easy to make, this Spicy Harissa Hummus is not only delicious as a dip but also makes a great sandwich filler.
Serve with an extra drizzle of harissa and a sprinkle of chopped mint on top.
Spicy Harissa Hummus [vegan] [gluten free]
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 1 tsp of harissa paste – to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chickpea brine
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- leaves of 1 sprig of fresh mint – around 6-8 leaves – adjust according to personal taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra chopped mint leaves and harissa to serve
- Whizz all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, lemon juice, harissa and / or mint.
I cannot wait to see your posts!