This January, Waitrose & Partners is launching a total of 14 new vegan product lines, bringing the total of Waitrose vegan range to 65 products across own-brand and branded.
The retailer has revealed that searches for the word ‘vegan’ on Waitrose.com has doubled in the last year, this coupled with the increase in searches of the term ‘vegetarian’ by over 67% highlights the significant rise in consumer awareness and appetite for plant-based products. To further reinforce this, last week Waitrose launched its vegan Fish‘less’ fingers, which have already proven popular with customers, helping sales of its vegan and vegetarian ranges increase by 110%.
The new addition to the Waitrose vegan range include:
* Fish’less’cakes – These vegan fish’less’cakes have been made with chunky potatoes, butterbeans, herbs and seaweed for the ultimate fish flavours. Just pan fry and serve with salad
* Fish’less’fingers – Inspired from street food trucks, these fish’less’fingers are made from breaded seaweed tofu for the ultimate seafood flavours. Pair with Waitrose vegan tartare style sauce and sourdough bread for the perfect fish’less’finger sandwich
* Italian Inspired Veggie Balls – Packed with mushrooms, lentils & vegetables, and infused with herbs & passata for an Italian feel
* Stonebaked & Hand Stretched Barbecue Jackfruit Pizza – A vegan stonebaked & hand stretched pizza with hickory smoked BBQ & tomato sauce; on-trend roasted pulled jackfruit and fresh chargrilled red peppers
* Asian Inspired Greens & Smoked Tofu – Fresh vegetables include Pak Choi, Chinese leaf, Fine Green Beans, Tenderstem Broccoli tips and Edamame beans. Topped with a sprinkling of red chillies.
Waitrose & Partners has an extensive range of vegan and vegetarian products that include trend-led favourites and reflects the demand for non-meat based products which look and taste delicious. The range offers a selection of complete vegan and veggie meals in a variety of flavours and cuisines, as well as vegan staple ingredients that can be enjoyed by both vegans and meat eaters alike.
Waitrose vegan range is available in Waitrose & Partners branches and online.