Courgette, Coconut & Lime Muffins [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g grated courgettes [7 oz]
- 125g plain flour [4.4 oz / US 1 cup]
- 125g wholemeal flour [4.4 oz / US 1 cup]
- 175g golden caster sugar [6.2 oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chia egg [2 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 Tbsp of water] or 2 beaten organic eggs
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 75ml coconut oil [2.5 fl oz / US 1/3 cup]
- 80g of shredded coconut [2.8 oz / US 1 cup]
- extra shredded coconut to sprinkle on top of muffins
- 50ml non dairy milk [1.7 fl oz / US 1/5 cup]
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C / 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place 12 large paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Prepare chia egg by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 6 Tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Sieve flours, golden caster sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt in the large bowl of a food processor.
- Add grated courgettes and chia egg to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil, lime zests, lime juices, vanilla, non dairy milk and shredded coconut. Mix well until all combined.
- Carefully spoon into each muffin paper baking case in muffin tin to 3/4 height.
- Top each muffin with some extra shredded coconut.
- Place in the oven for around 20mins. Insert a skewer to check they are cooked. Skewer should come out clean.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |