For a thrifty and hearty meal, look no further than this vegan Curried Root Vegetable Casserole. Carrots, parsnips and potatoes are smothered in a rich and creamy tomato coconut sauce.
This is a comforting one-pot meal that the whole family will enjoy. Red lentils and chickpeas boost the protein content of this recipe. Serve it with wholegrain rice and / or wholemeal pitta bread. Sprinkles of fresh coriander and spring onions will add extra flavours.
This Curried Root Vegetable Casserole is quite straightforward to make, just make sure you cut the vegetables in even pieces (as per instructions below) so they cook evenly together.
Today we celebrate Earth Day 2019 with a focus this year on protecting the millions of species that inhabit our planet.
The unprecedented global destruction and rapid reduction of plant and wildlife populations are directly linked to causes driven by human activity: climate change, deforestation, habitat loss, trafficking and poaching, unsustainable agriculture, pollution and pesticides to name a few. The impacts are far reaching.
Food, especially meat production, takes a major toll on the environment. Each week, many of us makes decisions about food 3 times a day, 7 days a week. That’s 21 opportunities to make a difference and help preserve species around us. One of the easiest way to reduce our ecological footprint is to choose to eat less meat.
This Earth Day I have teamed up with other bloggers to create the selection of delicious sustainable food recipes below. Enjoy!
Vegetarian and/or Sustainable Food Recipes
by Food Blogging Friends –
For a Small Planet
Hosted By The Baking Fairy and Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Grilled Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackened Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by The Beard and The Baker
- Curried Root Vegetable Casserole by The Flexitarian
- Easy Vegan Brownies by Triple Chocolate Kitchen
- Homemade Vegetable Broth by Simple and Savory
- Kali Dal – Beluga Lentils by Sneha’s Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Orzo with Roasted Vegetables by Join Us, Pull up a Chair
- Quick Pickled Vegetables by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Bread Salad by Home Sweet Homestead
- Vegan Deviled Eggs by Palatable Pastime