Golden Quinoa Salad with Roasted Cauliflower [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 75g quinoa [2.6 oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 600g cauliflower florets [1.3 lbs]
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- handful of almonds
- seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 5 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp Non Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp of clear honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp Fresh chopped mint leaves
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F (200°C / 390°F fan).
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When water is boiling add quinoa and cook according to packet instructions. It should take 10=15 mins. When the quinoa is cooked drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, cut cauliflower florets in quarters. Place on a roasting tray. Toss in 3 Tbsp of olive oil with ground cumin and ground coriander. Roast for 20 mins until soft.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients. Season to taste.
- Place quinoa in a large salad bowl. Add roasted cauliflower, drained chickpeas, almonds, pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander and mint. Toss in dressing. Season to taste.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |