Golden Quinoa Salad with Roasted Cauliflower [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 75g quinoa [2.6 oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 600g cauliflower florets [1.3 lbs]
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- handful of almonds
- seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 5 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp Non Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp of clear honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp Fresh chopped mint leaves
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F (200°C / 390°F fan).
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When water is boiling add quinoa and cook according to packet instructions. It should take 10=15 mins. When the quinoa is cooked drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, cut cauliflower florets in quarters. Place on a roasting tray. Toss in 3 Tbsp of olive oil with ground cumin and ground coriander. Roast for 20 mins until soft.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients. Season to taste.
- Place quinoa in a large salad bowl. Add roasted cauliflower, drained chickpeas, almonds, pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander and mint. Toss in dressing. Season to taste.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
This Easy Cauliflower & Kale Korma has a rich ans...
Bursting with citrus flavours, these Lemon & Chia Seed Muffins...
This multivitamin juice is a tasty mix of Winter produce...
This Simple Beetroot Hummus has a gorgeous pink reddish glow....