Could this be the pinnacle of healthy food? Hummus is rich in protein, omega 3, fibre, folic acid and low in saturated fat. Superfood kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around.
This kale hummus recipe makes a big batch. I keep it in the fridge to use as a dip, spread for sandwiches and wraps or simply on crackers.
You can easily halve this recipe.
Also do not hesitate to vary the amount of lemon juice, chickpeas liquid and olive oil to suit your own personal taste.
Kale Hummus [vegetarian]
- 800 g can chickpeas
- 100 g raw kale leaves – hard stalk removed
- 1-2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 60 ml olive oil
- 50 ml tahini paste
- Juice of 2 1/2 lemons
- 75 g vegetarian parmesan style cheese
- salt & pepper
- pine nuts – optional
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid in a separate bowl.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender with 100ml (3.5 fl oz) of the reserved chickpeas liquid.
- Blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Adjust the texture by adding more chickpea brine and/or olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Put in a bowl and sprinkle with pine nuts if desired.
I cannot wait to see your posts!