Leek and Feta Quiches [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 250g shortcut pastry [9 oz]
- 250g leeks [9 oz]
- 50g shallots (finely chopped) [2 oz]
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 200g Feta cheese [7 oz]
- 1 large organic egg
- 125ml single cream [UK 4.2 fl oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 handful grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- In a large saucepan boil some salted water.
- In the meantime, roll out the pastry and place in individual mini tartlet pans of 8cm (3 inch) diameter. Place on the side.
- Chop the leeks finely. Add leeks to boiling water and cook for 5mins until soft. When cooked drain and put on the side.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Cook shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add leeks and rosemary. Cook for 5 mins stirring from time to time.
- Remove from heat. Mix crumbled feta to the leek mixture. Season to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix single cream and egg with some pepper until well blended.
- Share the leeks between each mini tartlet pans evenly.
- Do the same with the cream mixture.
- Add some grated cheddar on top of each quiche.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Enjoy warm with a green salad.
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...
Cooked in a light and fragrant coconut and tomato sauce,...