Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad with Salsa Verde [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli [7 oz]
- 400g cauliflower [14 oz]
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped mint
- olive oil
- 1 large handful of pine nuts
- 2 roasted peppers (from a jar)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Put trimmed purple sprouting broccoli on a baking tray. Add cauliflower florets cut in halves. Drizzle with some olive oil. Toss well. Cook for 15-20 mins until slightly crispy. 3 mins before the end spread pine nuts to roast on top of the vegetables.
- In the meantime make the salsa verde by mixing together capers, Dijon mustard, basil, mint, parsley, garlic, vinegar with 4-5 Tbsp of olive oil. You can either blizz all the ingredients to a paste in a blender or cut herbs and capers by hand with a sharp knife.
- Drain chickpeas. Place in a salad bowl. Add roasted vegetables, pine nuts plus finely chopped peppers. Toss in salsa verde. Season to taste. Serve straight away.
This one-post Mexican quinoa stew makes a hearty and healthy...
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...