Smoked & Spicy Breaded Tofu Strips [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 400g firm tofu [14 oz]
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs
- Remove tofu from packaging. Press for around 4 hrs to overnight to drain off any excess water. I use Tofuture press.
- When tofu is pressed, prepare the marinade by mixing together the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT the breadcrumbs).
- Cut tofu in 1cm (0.4 inch) thick strips. Cover each strip with marinade all over. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to cook the tofu strips, put the breadcrumbs on a plate. Lay each tofu strips in the breadcrumbs, turning them over and pressing them slightly so that they are coated all over.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the tofu strips for around 8 mins, turning them over once so that they are golden all over.
- Serve the tofu strips with a salad such as this Lime & Coriander Brown Rice Bean Salad
This Creamy Sweet Potato Soup from “Be More Vegan” by...Recipe by Niki Webster |
Served warm with a generous drizzle of creamy tahini dressing,...
This Sausage and Potato Casserole is packed with the smoky...
This delicious butternut squash quinoa casserole makes an easy and...