Lime & Coriander Brown Rice Bean Salad [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 175g brown rice [6.2 oz / US 1 cup]
- 400g can black beans [14 oz]
- 200g can corn [7 oz]
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave syrup or honey
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Heat some water in a saucepan.
- When boiling, cook rice as per packet instructions. Do not overcook it so it still has a bite.
- When done, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, cut the pepper in small dice.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Drain corn.
- Make dressing in a salad bowl by mixing together crushed garlic cloves, cumin, lime juice, olive oil and agave syrup.
- Add diced pepper, finely sliced red onion, drained black beans and corn.
- Mix in cooked rice. Leave to cool completely.
- When ready to serve add chopped coriander and season to taste.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |