Bursting with wonderful flavours, this salad makes a tasty main course or side dish.
Easy and straightforward, you can also serve it at barbecues or picnics.
Lime & Coriander Brown Rice Bean Salad [vegan] [gluten free]
- salad bowl
- 175 g brown rice
- 400 g can black beans
- 200 g can corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave syrup or honey
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Heat some water in a saucepan.
- When boiling, cook the rice as per packet instructions. Do not overcook it so it still has a bite.
- When done, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, cut the pepper in small dice.
- Rinse and drain the black beans. Drain the corn.
- Make the dressing in a salad bowl by mixing together the crushed garlic cloves, cumin, lime juice, olive oil and agave syrup.
- Add the diced pepper, finely sliced red onion, drained black beans and corn.
- Mix in the cooked rice. Leave to cool completely.
- When ready to serve add chopped coriander and season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!