Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Chickpea Chili [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 600g sweet potato (peeled and cut in 1.5cm dice) [1lb 5oz]
- 1 large red pepper (cut in 2cm dice)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes [2 x 14oz]
- 2 x 400g cans black beans (rinsed and drained) [2 x 14oz]
- 400g can chickpeas (drained) [14oz]
- 250ml water [UK 8fl oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder (according to taste)
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry together onion, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, chili powder and cinnamon until onion is soft.
- Add diced sweet potato, red pepper, canned tomatoes and water.
- Bring to boil. Then cooked covered under medium heat for 10 mins.
- Add black beans, chickpeas, and cider vinegar. Cook uncovered under medium heat for 20mins until vegetables are cooked and liquid has thickened.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar, lime juice and season to taste.
- Add chopped fresh coriander just before serving.
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...