This tasty broccoli salad is bursting with beautiful flavours and goodness.
This tasty broccoli salad is bursting with beautiful flavours and goodness. This is the kind of recipe that leaves you feeling extremely healthy. I love the punchy maple ginger dressing and the crunchiness of the almonds.
This is a raw recipe that requires no cooking. This dish is filled with nutrients and I always make sure I use organic broccoli to make it.
The dressing is a really delicious blend of maple syrup, cider vinegar, freshly grated ginger root, coriander, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and mustard. Utterly addictive!
Quick and straightforward, this broccoli salad is delicious in a wrap, as a side dish for barbecues or buffets or simply on its own. It would be great alongside a meat-free burger or with some plant-based sausages.
I used the Veggie Bullet below to shred the broccoli in no time. It is the world’s first cyclonic spiraliser that doubles up as an extra speedy food processor for slicing and shredding. This is a waste-free salad, the Veggie Bullet took no time to shred through the whole broccoli, head and stalk! You can read my full review of this nifty kitchen gadget here.
Alternatively, if you do not have a Veggie Bullet, you can use the coarse side of a cheese grater or a mandoline to shred the broccoli.
If you love this broccoli salad recipe, you should also try …
My Crunchy Asian Salad with Oumph! Chunks has a similar Asian twist thanks to a tasty dressing made with lime juice, ginger, tamari and sesame oil. This Moroccan Chickpea Salad with Carrots with quinoa, raisins and almonds is tossed in a fragrant lemon dressing. My Crunchy Asian Cauliflower Rice Salad is another raw recipe filled with wonderful flavours.
Broccoli Salad with Maple Ginger Dressing [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 500 g broccoli head
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 to 1 Tbsp of freshly grated ginger root
- 3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 40 g almonds [
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt -moptional
- Shred the broccoli head (florets + stalk) with the Veggie Bullet using the shredding blade. Alternatively you can use the coarse side of a cheese grater or a mandoline.
- Place shredded broccoli in a salad bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing together mustard, olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, cider vinegar and grated ginger.
- Toss broccoli in dressing. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Roughly chop the almonds and add them to the salad.
- Season to taste with chilli flakes and salt if using.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!