My Saturday mornings routine includes breakfast with my girlfriends. We sit, chat for a couple of hours and get a chance to relax.
Last week I made this “bread” for them which is adapted from a recipe from Thermomix that my mum makes. I call it bread, but it has the consistency of a cake similar to an American muffin. It keeps for a few days and as it gets older it becomes more like a rich fruit tea bread. You can toast it if you like.
Absolutely delicious, not too sweet this Apple, Walnut and Raisins Bread makes a great vegan breakfast, tea break or snack.
Apple, Walnut and Raisin Bread [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 800 g Bramley apples
- 100 g caster sugar
- 500 g plain flour
- 125 g mixed dried golden raisins and cranberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 200 g walnuts – coarsely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Peel and core the apples. Grate coarsely either by hand or using a blender. You do not want them “puréed”.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the apples and blend until the mixture is mixed well. As it is quite thick you might find it easier to use a food processor.
- Grease and flour a rectangular cake tin (approx. 25 x 11x 7cm).
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and even the dough.
- Cook for around 60 mins or until an inserted cake skewer comes out clean (start checking from 45 mins). Cool completely before serving. Keep up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!