Grilled asparagus served on avocado toast with a drizzle of miso and tahini dressing. Heaven!
Grilled asparagus served on avocado toast with a drizzle of creamy miso and tahini dressing. Heaven!
Asparagus season is very short in the UK, so let’s try to make the best of it while we can. Check out my asparagus recipe selection for more inspiration.
This recipe is perfect for lunch, brunch or as a light snack. The miso and tahini dressing pairs so well with the grilled asparagus. If you have any leftovers, try drizzling some dressing on top of other grilled vegetables.
How to make these asparagus & avocado miso toasts
While the asparagus are roasting in the oven, you can prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Packed with umami, the creamy dressing is made by whisking together miso, tahini, lemon juice and grated garlic.
One word of caution though! Do not add any additional salt as the miso makes the dressing already quite salty.
I use Yukata organic miso paste for the dressing. It is really tasty and versatile and works really well here. Any other yellow or white miso is of course suitable. If you are not sure about the taste, make the dressing with half the quantity of miso listed in the recipe below and add more as needed.
For the avocado toast, you can simply mash half an avocado on each slice of sourdough with a fork.
Toppings are optional but nice: chopped coriander, black sesame seeds, pink peppercorn and radishes. Enjoy!
Here are more asparagus recipes you may like to try:
- SUMMER BERRY SALAD [VEGETARIAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- VEGAN PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH WATERCRESS & ALMOND PESTO
- ASPARAGUS, FETA & POACHED EGG TOAST [VEGETARIAN]
I hope you enjoy this vegan asparagus & avocado miso toast recipe as much as we do. If you do make it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Disclaimer: the recipe includes affiliate links.
Asparagus & Avocado Miso Toast [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 250 g asparagus
- olive oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1 slices sourdough bread
MISO & TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- black sesame seeds
- pink peppercorn (optional)
- radishes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- Snap off the tougher ends of the asparagus and discard. Place the asparagus on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 10-15 mins until brown and soft (roasting time will depend on the size of the asparagus).
- While the asparagus are roasting in the oven, prepare the dressing by whisking together the miso, tahini, lemon juice and grated garlic. Set aside.
- With a fork, mash half an avocado on each slice of sourdough. Add some chopped coriander on top.
- Divide the asparagus evenly between the two toasts. Drizzle some miso and tahini dressing on top as well as a sprinkle of black sesame seeds and pink peppercorns (if using). Decorate with radishes.
- Eat straight away.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!