Asparagus, Feta & Poached Egg Toast [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 12 asparagus
- 2 organic eggs
- 90g feta cheese
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- olive oil
- small handful of almonds (roughly chopped)
- zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- salt & pepper
- Put the grill on.
- Prepare chopped herbs. Crumble feta cheese.
- Heat some water in a small saucepan. Add some vinegar in the water. When water is boiling, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Place the asparagus on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil on top. Roast for 5-8mins depending on size. Keep an eye so they do not burn.
- To make the poached eggs, crack the first egg and place in a ramekin.
- Whisk the water to create a gentle whirpool.
- Delicately place the egg into the simmering water.
- Poach the first egg for around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove poached egg with a perforated spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Poach second egg.
- Toast the bread in the meantime.
- Place some crumbled feta on each slice of bread. Top each slice with 6 asparagus.
- Top with poached egg, mixed herbs, sliced almonds, lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
This Vitality Soup was created with the Nutribullet Rx Blender Soup...
This Lentil & Beetroot Salad is enhanced by the beautiful...
Mixed chopped herbs give this Asparagus, Feta & Poached Egg...
With only 3 ingredients, this Mango & Orange Ginger Sorbet makes...