A rejuvenating mix of courgette, edamame, miso, warming ginger and nori come together in this healthy and tasty recipe.
A rejuvenating mix of courgette, edamame, miso, warming ginger and nori come together in this healthy and tasty Courgette & Edamame Miso Soup. It has a gorgeous green colour and makes perfect leftovers for lunchboxes the next day.
Miso and nori add a delicious Asian twist. Make sure you use low salt vegetable stock as miso is quite salty. Add the miso paste little by little as you do not want to overpower the taste of the courgettes and edamame.
Hearty, this is just the perfect comforting recipe for late Summer or early autumn cooling temperatures.
Courgette & Edamame Miso Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 800 g courgettes / zucchini
- 200 g frozen edamame beans
- 1 medium onion – finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger root – grated
- 500 ml low salt vegetable stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- brown miso paste – to taste
- 2 nori sheets
- small bunch of coriander
- olive oil
- black sesame seeds – optional
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, grated ginger and diced courgette. Cook for 3 mins while stirring.
- Add stock. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook covered for around 15 mins until the courgettes are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add miso paste to taste (start with 1/2 Tbsp). Stir well so that the miso paste does not clump.
- Add edamame beans and shredded nori sheets. Cook gently for another 5 mins.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with chopped coriander and black sesame seeds on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!