Fresh and delicious, this colourful festive salad will brighten up your holiday table or buffet.
Fresh and delicious, this colourful festive salad will brighten up your holiday table or buffet. To give this salad a festive feel, I have cut the persimmons in star shapes with a simple cookie cutter.
This festive salad recipe is made with juicy persimmons and rocket, I added hazelnuts and pomegranate for a bit of crunch, as well as cranberries for a bit more sweetness. I like to serve the balsamic dressing on the side but you can of course mix it in. For a vegan option, you can easily omit the feta cheese.
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can throw together at the last minute if needed. If you want to make it ahead, it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of hours. Add the dressing at the very last minute though or serve it on the side.
During the Autumn and Winter months, you will find persimmons in most shops and supermarkets. It can be confusing as they are also known as Sharon fruits. They are best eaten raw so make sure you pick them slightly soft otherwise they will not be ripe. Nutritionally, they are rich in fibre, vitamins A, C and B6, as well as potassium and manganese.
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 2 to 3 persimmons
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 30 g hazelnuts
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 100 g feta cheese
- 40 g pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove – grated
- Cut persimmons into thin slices. Using a star shaped cookie cutter, cut out persimmon stars. Alternatively you can also cut each persimmon slice in quarters.
- Place rocket in a serving dish. Add chopped hazelnuts, cranberries, crumbled feta cheese, persimmon and pomegranate seeds.
- Make dressing by whisking together Dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and grated garlic clove.
- Serve salad with the dressing on the side.
I cannot wait to see your posts!