Shiitake & Kale Miso Soup [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150g mixed mushrooms (Shiitake, Buna-Shimeji, Shiro-Shimeji, Eryngii, Oyster mushrooms, Enoki, Golden Enoki, Maitake etc..) [5.3 oz]
- 30g dried shiitake mushrooms [1 oz]
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 5 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 5cm ginger root [2 inches]
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 sheet nori
- handful of kale leaves (tough stalk removed)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 litre of water [1.75 pints / US 4 cups]
- Chop spring onions reserving the green part. Roughly chop the fresh mushrooms and halve bigger dried shiitakes.
- Heat the sesame oil in saucepan. Add the white part of the chopped spring onion, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add water, miso paste, dry shiitake and chopped fresh mushrooms.
- Cook covered under medium heat for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms are soft. (I like mine to still have a bite).
- Add shredded kale, tamari sauce and roughly torn nori. Cook for another couple of minute.
- Serve straight away sprinkled with the chopped green spring onions.
Utterly indulgent, these pan-fried gnocchi with creamy spinach and mushrooms...
Swap a traditional English breakfast for this delicious tofu breakfast...
Served with a punchy dipping sauce, these cabbage & carrot...
Quick and easy to make, these roasted cauliflower tacos are...