Bursting with flavours and straightforward, this vegan Spring vegetable paella is the perfect dish to make when you are entertaining.
Healthy and hearty you will not miss the meat or fish!
Make sure not to overcook the rice or it will be sticky
Spring Vegetable Paella [vegan]
- large skillet or paella pan
- 250 g asparagus
- 200 g carrot
- 200 g frozen broad beans
- 200 g broccoli
- 290 g jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves – crushed
- 400 g Bomba paella rice
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 generous pinch saffron
- dash smoked paprika
- 2 preserved lemons – finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- large handful of parsley leaves – chopped
- Peel the carrots and cut them into sticks (2 cm long x 1/2 cm wide).
- Cut the asparagus in 3 to 4 cm chunks, having snapped off their tougher ends first.
- Cut the broccoli florets in quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan.
- Add the finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, asparagus and broad beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika, saffron and vegetable stock. Mix well. Simmer gently until the stock is absorbed, making sure not to overcook the rice.
- When the rice is cooked, add the drained artichoke hearts cut in half plus preserved lemons.
- Add a dash of smoked paprika and chopped parsley leaves. Blend carefully. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.
I cannot wait to see your posts!