Spring Vegetable Paella [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 250g asparagus [8.8oz]
- 200g carrot [7oz]
- 200g frozen broad beans [7oz]
- 200g broccoli [7oz]
- 290g jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil [10.5oz]
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 400g Bomba paella rice [UK 14oz / US 2 cups]
- 900ml to 1 litre vegetable stock [UK 1 ½ to 1 ¾ pint / US 3 ½ to 4 cups]
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 generous pinch saffron
- dash smoked paprika
- 2 preserved lemons (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- large handful of parsley leaves (chopped)
- Peel carrots and cut them into sticks (2 cm long x 1/2 cm wide).
- Cut asparagus in 3 to 4 cm chunks, having snapped off their tougher ends first.
- Cut broccoli florets in quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Add carrots, broccoli, asparagus and broad beans. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add rice, paprika, saffron and vegetable stock.Mix well. Simmer gently until stock is absorbed, making sure not to overcook the rice.
- When rice is cooked, add drained artichoke hearts cut in half plus preserved lemons.
- Add a dash of smoked paprika and chopped parsley leaves. Blend carefully. Season to taste.
- Serve straight away.
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...