This Summertime Mediterranean Tomato Tart is full of wonderful flavours. Very easy to make for a light lunch of dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 150g plain flour
- 85g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- salt (pinch)
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp semolina
- 2 tsp dry herbes de Provence or thyme
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 220ºC
- Prepare your shortcut pastry by mixing the flour and salt. Add butter cut into small cubes and mix by hand or food processor on pulse setting until you get a mixture that ressembles breadcrumbs.
- Add water one tbsp at a time until mixture comes together as a ball.
- Roll out the pastry and place in a 23cm loose bottomed tart tin.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper inside the pie and fill with baking beads.
- Blind bake the pastry for 5mins.
- In the meantime slice the tomatoes.
- Once the pastry has been blind baked, remove baking beads and parchment paper and brush the dijon mustard on the pastry so it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp semolina (that should absorb liquid from tomatoes)
- Place the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with dry herbs.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Cook for 20mins at 220ºC. Decrease oven temperature to 190ºC for another 10mins.
- The tomato tart is cooked once the pastry is slightly brown and tomato skin curled a little.
- Serve hot or cold with a salad.
I am entering this recipe in Simple & In Season