This Dark Chocolate Granola With Peanut Butter makes an indulgent breakfast.
This Dark Chocolate Granola With Peanut Butter makes an indulgent breakfast. This is a granola for dark chocolate lovers.
I wanted to make a breakfast recipe that was a little bit of a morning treat without too much sweetness.
Peanut butter, chia seeds, linseeds and sunflower seeds add protein so you stay fuller longer.
Dark Chocolate Granola With Peanut Butter [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 200 g rolled oats
- 100 g rolled oats
- 100 g barley flakes
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 175 g smooth peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp maple syrup
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 50 g chia seeds
- 40 g linseeds
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 handfuls of hazelnuts
- 3 handfuls of raisins
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Put 100g of rolled oats in a blender and grind them to flour.
- Gently heat the peanut butter and maple syrup together in a saucepan until the mixture becomes liquid.
- Mix together the rolled oats, barley flakes, oat flour, cocoa powder, oil, chia seeds, ginger, cinnamon, linseeds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts plus peanut butter and maple syrup mix.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 10 mins. Mix and spread again. Give it another 10 mins or so. Switch off the oven and leave granola to “dry” inside for 2 hours or so.
- When the granola has cooled down, mix raisins in and store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!