These delicious spinach pancakes are just perfect for dinner or brunch. The mint-coriander yoghurt dressing adds just the right amount of zing.
This recipe makes around 12 pancakes depending on how big you make them.
Fluffy Spinach Pancakes with Mint-Coriander Dressing [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- 2 mixing bowls
- food processor or whisk
- pancake pan
- 250 g buckwheat Flour
- 3 eggs – yolks and whites separated
- 2 handfuls spinach – finely chopped
- 2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 ml fat free yogurt
- 250 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil + extra for greasing
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 250 g fat free greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves – finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves – finely chopped
- ½ red onion – finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice – to taste
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt & pepper
- lime – fresh coriander and red chilli to serve
- Put the buckwheat flour in a bowl with the spinach, spring onions, egg yolks, baking soda, salt, fat free yogurt, vegetable oil, milk, ground coriander and ground cumin. Mix until all is well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake dough.
- Cook each pancake one small ladle at a time in a hot pancake pan with vegetable oil. Keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven while you are making the others.
- Make the mint-coriander dressing by mixing together Greek yoghurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, red onion, lemon juice and grated ginger. Season to taste.
- Serve the pancakes with mint-coriander dressing. Top with a sprinkle of finely chopped chilli and coriander leaves and a drizzle of lime juice.
I cannot wait to see your posts!