A vegetarian take on this French classic dish.
Stuffed tomatoes (tomates farcies) is a traditional French dish. Here I have replaced the ground meat with some Quorn mince.
This recipe makes a great family dinner.
Serve it on rice or quinoa with a crunchy green salad.
Quorn Stuffed Tomatoes [vegetarian]
- Frying pan
- roasting tray
- 6 beef tomatoes
- 350 g Quorn mince
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 6 sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tsp of dry thyme or Herbes de Provence
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the finely sliced onion and crushed garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- In the meantime cut the top of the tomatoes and reserve. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes. Make sure not to break the skin of the tomatoes. You want to leave a layer of around 1/2cm (0.2 inch) of pulp inside.
- Add the Quorn mince, finely sliced sun dried tomatoes,herbs, seeds and mashed pulp from beef tomatoes. Fry gently for 10 mins.
- Place emptied tomatoes in a roasting dish. Fill them carefully with the Quorn stuffing. Place tops of tomatoes back on.
- Cook for 20 to 25 mins until tomatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.
I cannot wait to see your posts!