This Rhubarb & Strawberry Chia Pudding is the perfect Summer vegan dessert but you can also eat it for breakfast.
This Rhubarb & Strawberry Chia Pudding is the perfect Summer vegan dessert but you can also eat it for breakfast. Sweetened with maple syrup and the natural sugars of fruits, it is really fresh and light.
The chia seeds need to rest in almond milk from 4 hours to overnight so make sure you plan ahead. Other than that, this recipe is really quick and straightforward. Chia seeds contain a lot of protein and calcium, so this little treat is actually really good for you.
You could vary the topping replacing the cacao nibs with some toasted almonds or nuts.
Rhubarb & Strawberry Chia Pudding [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 80 g chia seeds
- 400 ml almond milk
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
FOR THE FRUIT LAYER:
- 200 g rhubarb
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 200 g strawberries + extra for topping
- maple syrup to taste
- cacao nibs to decorate
- Place the chia seeds in a container with almond milk, 60ml maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp ground ginger. Stir until well blended. Cover or close the container. Place in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight.
- Cut rhubarb into small chunks. Place in a pan with 4 Tbsp of water. Cover. Cook under medium heat for around 10 mins until the rhubarb is stewed. Stir from time to time. Leave to cool and keep covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the rest.
- Just before you are ready to assemble the puddings, mash strawberries to a paste. Mix in with the stewed rhubarb and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- When the chia pudding is done, give it a good mix. It should have a thick jelly-like texture.
- Share rhubarb and strawberry mixture evenly between the four dishes. Top with chia pudding.
- Serve with additional pureed strawberry and fresh strawberries on top as well as a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!