This roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower soup is deliciously smooth and velvety. This soup recipe is ideal for seasonal vegetable boxes and makes a comforting winter meal.
This roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower soup is deliciously smooth and velvety.
This soup recipe is ideal for seasonal vegetable boxes and makes a comforting winter meal.
Roasting the vegetables really enhance their flavours and gives this soup a lot of depth and aroma.
Cauliflower provides a rich and creamy texture, while Brussels sprouts really shine through and add bold character. You can adjust the texture at the end by adding more vegetable stock or water.
Make sure you cut the vegetables to more or less equal sizes before roasting so they can cook evenly.
I like to save some of the roasted vegetables to add as toppings and also serve this roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower soup with giant capers. Yummy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Soup [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 700 g cauliflower
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 branch of fresh rosemary
- 1.25 litre vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 220 C / fan oven 200 C / gas 7.
- Cut cauliflower in small florets and Brussels sprouts in halves (both should have similar sizes to cook evenly). Spread on an oven tray. Add peeled garlic cloves and drizzle with oil.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30mins until golden and cooked.
- When the vegetables are done, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Add finely chopped onion and cook under medium heat until soft. Add roasted vegetables, rosemary, vegetable stock and water. Bring to the boil, then cook covered under medium heat from 20 mins.
- When done, whizz the soup to desired consistency, adding more vegetable stock or water if necessary. Season to taste, with lemon juice.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!