Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious snack that can be easily made at home.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious snack that can be easily made at home. Nutritious, they contain magnesium, zinc and omega 3s.
More often than not though, we choose to throw them away even when they are right in front of us “in the flesh”. Yet we don’t even think twice about buying them in a plastic bag.
Next time you cook (or carve) a pumpkin, save these little gems, tossed in your favourite spice and give them a quick roast in the oven.
Here I have taken the seeds from this pumpkin hummus recipe and roast them at the same time as the pumpkin.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- pumpkin seeds – from a fresh pumpkin
- olive oil
- spice of your choice – smoked paprika, chilli etc..
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Remove the seeds from thethepumpkin and reserve them on the side.
- Wash the pumpkin seeds and separate from the stringy pumpkin bits.
- Dry the seeds out and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil and spice.
- Roast in the oven for 10-20 mins until lightly brown. Keep a close eye so they do not get over toasted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Season to taste with salt. Leave to cool down before eating.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!