This is a delicious spinach soup is bursting with goodness and flavours. The spices add a wonderful warmth.
Spinach soup might not be the type of dish you crave, yet this recipe is bound to change your mind. After some suspicious looks, this dish was a big hit with everyone, kids included!
This is a delicious spinach soup is bursting with goodness and flavours. The spices add a wonderful warmth. So revitalising!
Spinach Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 500 g spinach leaves
- 300 g carrots
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 thumb freshly grated ginger
- 1.2 litre vegetable stock
- 1 lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently with the cumin, coriander, grated ginger and turmeric.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Cut in chunks.
- Add to the saucepan.
- Wash the spinach. Add on top of the vegetables followed by vegetable stock.
- You might have to wait for the spinach to wilt before adding the rest of the spinach.
- Bring to a boil. Stir well. Reduce heat and cook for 20 mins until vegetable are soft.
- Liquidise soup. Add the lemon juice. Season to taste.
I cannot wait to see your posts!