Mushrooms, Leeks & Stilton are a winning combo in this hearty and delicious soup.
Serve it with crusty bread or croutons.
Mushroom, Leek & Stilton Soup [vegetarian]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms
- 300 g leeks – white stalks only
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1.3 litre vegetable stock
- olive oil
- 200 g stilton
- small bunch of parsley
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry until soft and golden.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and thyme. Cook for around 15 mins until brown all over.
- Add the roughly chopped leeks and vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil. Lower to medium heat and cook covered for 15-20 mins.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the crumbled stilton. Stir under medium heat to melt cheese.
- Serve straight away sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.
I cannot wait to see your posts!