This Autumn soup is fragranced with warming spices such as ginger and cinnamon.
This Autumn soup is fragranced with warming spices such as ginger and cinnamon. I also love the lime seasoning which goes so well with pumpkin.
Loaded with iron and vitamin A, this soup makes a delicious and tasty lunch or dinner, that you can serve on its own or with some crusty bread.
I use light coconut milk but if you prefer a creamier soup, free to use full fat.
Pumpkin, Spinach & Chickpea Soup [vegan] [gluten free]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 900 g pumpkin
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 2 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400 ml can of light coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground chilli – according to taste
- juice of 2 limes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- handful of toasted almond flakes to serve.
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry the garlic and onion with cumin, nutmeg, ginger, chilli and cinnamon until soft.
- Add the pumpkin cut in 2cm dice.
- Cover with the vegetable stock. Bring to boil, then simmer for around 20 mins until the pumpkin is soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the spinach and coconut milk to the soup. Simmer the soup again until the spinach is cooked (around 2 minutes). Add chickpeas.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with toasted almond flakes.
I cannot wait to see your posts!