Tomatoes are very versatile making an excellent base for vegetable, meat and fish dishes. Use them with any dish from salad, pasta, curry, chili etc.. You can easily grow them in bags or patio containers.
UK Season: July to October.
Nutritional Content: Vitamins A, B6 & C + potassium and folate. Tomatoes contain high levels of lycopene, an anti-oxidant which is believe to help reduce cancer risk. Cooked tomatoes are especially high in lypocene as cooking helps to release it from the tomato cells. Tomatoes also helps keep the skin healthy. Low in calories.
FROM OUR SHOP
- Vegetarian Living Magazine - Digital Subscription £22.99
- "Doda" - Leak Resistant Lunch Box - A Slice of Green £20.00
- "Panna" Two Tier Rectangle Lunch Box with Mini Container - A Slice of Green £22.00
- "Buruni" - Leak Resistant Two Tier Lunch Box £25.00
- BioChef Arizona Sol 6 Tray Food Dehydrator £149.00
Topped with a rich and creamy vinaigrette, this roasted butternut...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Preserved in olive oil, these labneh balls make a delicious...Recipe by theflexitarian |