Aubergine & Halloumi Wraps with Lime Saffron Tahini Dresssing [vegetarian]
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium aubergine [eggplant]
- 250g halloumi [8.8 oz]
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 lime juice
- pinch of hot smoked paprika
- pinch of saffron
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 6 mini wraps, tortillas etc..
- In a bowl mix together 1 pinch of saffron with 2 Tbsp of hot water. Mix to dissolve so the water becomes orange.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Cut aubergine (eggplant) in thin slices. Brush with olive oil. Lay slices on an oven tray. Roast for 20 mins until browned.
- In the meantime make the dressing by mixing together: saffron liquid, tahini, garlic, honey, lime juice. Add a pinch of hot paprika. Leave on the side.
- Heat up the grill 5 mins before the aubergine slices are cooked. Cut halloumi into slices. Lay on an oven tray and cook under the grill for 3 mins on each side.
- Just before serving check the dressing seasoning adding saffron, hot paprika, salt & pepper as needed.
- Place a generous amount of fresh coriander leaves on each wrap. Add warm aubergine slices and halloumi on top. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and drizzle a generous amount of tahini dressing. Eat straight away.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |