A delicious combo, this Chocolate & Hazelnut Spelt Granola makes an indulgent start to the day. It is not too sweet and keeps some of the bitterness of chocolate. A grown-up breakfast option.
Chocolate & Hazelnut Spelt Granola [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 200 g spelt flakes
- 100 g spelt flakes
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 8 Tbsp maple syrup
- 200 g hazelnuts
- 4 handfuls raisins
- 2 handfuls sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Blitz 100g of spelt flakes to flour in a blender.
- Mix together spelt flakes, spelt flour, vegetable oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger powder, maple syrup, cocoa powder, salt and hazelnuts.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 15 mins. Mix and spread again. Switch off the oven and leave granola to "dry" inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix raisins and sunflower seeds with granola. Store in an airtight container.
I cannot wait to see your posts!