This Creamy Mushrooms & Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa is nutritious and so quick and easy to make.
This Creamy Mushrooms & Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa is one of my favourite recipes when I crave something nutritious and quick. Filled with plant-based goodness, it is the perfect example of how easy and delicious vegan food can be.
Low in fat and high in fibre, quinoa is a complete protein that has been a staple in our house since we became flexitarians.
The vegan creamy sauce is very comforting. I love to eat this dish with fresh coriander and cashews sprinkled on top.
It is also perfect to use any leftover quinoa (or rice) that might be lurking out in the fridge.
Creamy Mushrooms & Spinach with Turmeric Quinoa [vegan] [gluten free]
- Frying pan
- 200 g quinoa
- 250 g mushrooms
- 160 g spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 140 ml cream – non dairy or dairy
- juice of 1 lime
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls of cashews – to serve
- small bunch of coriander – to serve
- salt & pepper
- Heat some water in a small saucepan. When the water is boiling, add the quinoa and cook as per packet instructions.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, ground cumin and ground coriander. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the frying pan and cook for around 8 mins. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the cream to the vegetables in the frying pan and simmer gently until hot.
- Drain the quinoa when cooked. Put on a serving plate. Add 1 tsp of turmeric and mix well until quinoa has a nice golden colour.
- Season vegetables to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve creamy mushrooms and spinach on a bed of quinoa. Sprinkle with cashews and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
I cannot wait to see your posts!