This vegan Crunchy Asian Cauliflower Rice Salad is bursting with the wonderful flavours of ginger, cumin, coriander, and lime.
This vegan Crunchy Asian Cauliflower Rice Salad is bursting with the wonderful flavours of ginger, cumin, coriander, and lime. This recipe is the perfect easy lunch or dinner which you can enjoy throughout the year.
The cashews add some extra crunch. If you prefer you can replace them with peanuts. Red chilli will also provide an extra kick.
Cauliflower rice is a low carb alternative to grains or pasta. It is quite straightforward to make. I use a food processor but it can also be made with a cheese grater (see instructions in the recipe method below).
There is no need to cook it as it is delicious raw. If you are looking for similar raw recipes, check out my Broccoli Salad with Maple Ginger Dressing.
Crunchy Asian Cauliflower Rice Salad [vegan]
- grater or food processor
- large salad bowl
- 550 g raw cauliflower florets
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 150 g frozen edamame
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cm ginger root
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 12 fresh coriander sprigs + extra for toppings
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup – or honey for non vegan
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls of unsalted cashews nuts or peanuts
- fresh sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 small red chilli – optional
- To make the cauliflower rice you can either use the coarse side of a cheese grater or a food processor. If you are using a cheese grater, simply grate the cauliflower florets and stalks to obtain a rice grain consistency. If you are using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets and stalks until you get a rice grain consistency. Depending on the size of your food processor you might have to do this in batches.
- Once made, place the cauliflower rice in a large salad bowl.
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling, blanch the frozen edamame for 3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Cut celery stalk in small slices. Cut the yellow pepper and red onion in small dice. Peel carrot, then using the same peeler cut the carrot into long and thin ribbons.
- Put the vegetables on top of cauliflower rice.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds until everything is well mixed together.
- Toss vegetables in dressing. Season to taste if needed.
- Serve topped with cashews, chopped coriander leaves and sliced red chilli if using.
I cannot wait to see your posts!