These vegetarian and gluten-free Organic Curried Cauliflower Canapés make the perfect finger food whenever you are entertaining.
These vegetarian and gluten-free Organic Curried Cauliflower Canapés make the perfect finger food whenever you are entertaining. They are best served at room temperature or slightly warm.
I like to serve them with tomato or mango chutney and microgreens on top. Homemade chutney is best but if you are pressed by time, a good quality store-bought chutney will do just fine.
Easy and straightforward they make a healthy alternative to puff pastry hors d’œuvres.
You can prepare the mixture a day ahead and keep it in the fridge in an airtight container.
These canapés can be cut into square, triangular, rectangular or star shapes. Whatever takes your fancy really!
This is a sponsored recipe that I created for the #FeedYourHappy #OrganicChristmas Campaign.
Organic Curried Cauliflower Canapés [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- brownie pan
- mixing bowl
- 500 g organic cauliflower
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 g extra mature organic cheddar
- 15 g fresh coriander
- Organic chutney – tomato or mango
- small handfull microgreens
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C / 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Line a rectangular brownie pan (approx. 27 x 20 x 3 cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Grate the cauliflower (florets and stalks) with the coarse side of a cheese grater. Place grated cauliflower in a bowl.
- Mix in eggs, curry powder, salt, garlic powder, turmeric and grated cheese.
- Add finely chopped coriander and mix again until all the ingredients perfectly mixed.
- Pour mixture in brownie pan and spread evenly all over. Using a potato masher, pack the vegetable mixture so it is dense.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool down in the tin, then cut into squares (or any other shape you prefer).
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature topped with chutney and microgreens.
I cannot wait to see your posts!