This summer mocktail is bursting with the goodness of fresh strawberries and matcha powder.
Smoothies, juices and salads are not the only ways you can enjoy superfood.
Fresh and delicious, this summer mocktail is bursting with the goodness of fresh strawberries and matcha powder.
I created this recipe for Eat Clean Tea as part of their #SummerOf Matcha campaign. Strawberry, basil, mint, lime and matcha powder make a refreshing combination, perfect for a hot summer day.
Made from green tea leaves, matcha is very high in antioxidants and is believed to give you long-lasting energy, boost your metabolism, aid fat burning, give you beautiful, clear skin and detoxify your body.
For variation, you can use Eat Clean Tea’s Matcha & Mint instead of the Matcha Original powder I have used here.
Also if you prefer an alcoholic version, there is absolutely nothing wrong with adding a splash of white rum to this Strawberry Matchito!
Strawberry Matchito [vegan]
- 100 g strawberries
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar – according to taste
- 2 lime juice
- 1 spring of basil
- 250 ml soda water
- handful mint leaves
- 1 lime finely sliced
- ice cubes
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp matcha original powder
- Put the strawberries, coconut sugar, lime juice and basil sprig in a blender. Whizz until liquid.
- Place some ice cubes in 2 glasses of around 250ml each (around 4 fl. oz). Add 2 to 3 slices of lime and 3 to 4 mint leaves in each glass.
- Split the strawberry mixture evenly between the two glasses. Top up with soda water. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of matcha powder on top of each drink. Serve with a fresh strawberry.
I cannot wait to see your posts!