These vegan carrot cake pancakes double up as a healthy start to the day and a delicious snack.
These fluffy vegan carrot cake pancakes double up as a healthy start to the day and a delicious snack. Deliciously spiced with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, I like to top them with banana, blueberries, pecan nuts and maple syrup.
How to make these carrot cake pancakes
Prepare the batter
This recipe is very straightforward. First, you can start preparing the dry ingredients by mixing together the flour, sugar, salt, spices and baking powder.
To enhance the natural sweetness of these carrot cake pancakes, I like to add some pineapple. Simply whizz some pineapple chunks in a blender. Once you have smooth liquid, you can mix it with the plant-based milk, oil and vanilla extract.
Grate the carrots
To prepare the carrots, grate them using a box grater or food processor.
After you mix the dry and wet ingredients together, simply fold in the grated carrots followed by the raisins.
Cook the pancakes
When you are ready to start cooking the carrot cake pancakes, heat some oil in a pancake pan under medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the batter to the pan for each pancake. Cook for 2 minutes or so until some bubbles start appearing on the top. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat for each pancake until you have used up all the batter. Depending on the size of your frying pan you can cook 2 to 4 pancakes at once.
Not sure what to do with any carrot cake pancake leftover batter
Any unused batter will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for a couple of days. Add a bit more milk before using it to loosen up the pancake batter.
Here are more breakfast recipes you may like to try:
- CRANBERRY BAKED OATMEAL CUPS [VEGAN]
- SMASHED AVOCADO TOAST WITH POACHED EGG & HARISSA [VEGETARIAN]
- ORANGE & MANGO BLENDER PANCAKES WITH TOASTED PECANS [VEGAN]
I hope you enjoy these carrot cake pancakes as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Carrot Cake Pancakes [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 90 g pineapple chunks
- 300 ml plant-based milk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 g shredded carrot
- 75 g raisins
- banana, blueberries etc..
- pecan nuts
- maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, caster sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Place the pineapple chunks in a blender and whizz to a liquid. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Peel the carrots. Grate them on the coarse side of a cheese grater.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in the grated carrots and raisins.
- Heat a large frying pan under medium to high heat. Lightly grease the pan with oil.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of batter to make the first pancake. Cook under medium heat until bubbles form on the top of the pancake. It should take between 1 and 2 minutes. Flip the pancake to the other side and cook for another minute or so until done. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Depending on the size of your frying pan you can cook 2 to 4 pancakes at once.
- Serve these pancakes hot topped with your chosen toppings.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!