Fresh, crunchy and colourful, this Jerusalem Artichoke, Walnut, Blood Orange & Rocket Salad will brighten up any grey winter day.
Fresh, crunchy and colourful, this Jerusalem Artichoke, Walnut, Blood Orange & Rocket Salad will brighten up any grey winter day. It has a nice zesty dressing.
You can serve it as a light meal or side dish.
Raw Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes in the US) are delicious.
You can substitute the blood oranges with regular oranges.
Jerusalem Artichoke, Walnut, Blood Orange & Rocket Salad [vegan] [gluten free]
- mandoline or a sharp knife
- mixing bowl
- 200 g Jerusalem artichokes or sunchokes
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 blood oranges or regular orange
- 1 handful walnuts
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 Tbsp walnut oil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice from 1 blood orange or regular orange
- salt & pepper
- Grate or peel the Jerusalem artichokes. Cut into thin slices with a knife or a mandoline.
- Peel the blood orange and cut into small triangular segments.
- Make the dressing by mixing together walnut oil, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, blood orange juice, garlic. Season with salt & pepper.
- Mix together the rocket, sliced Jerusalem artichokes and blood orange segments in a salad bowl or serving platter. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Serve with the dressing on the side.
I cannot wait to see your posts!