This tasty mushroom polenta tart is quick and easy to prepare. It has a thick gluten-free layer of polenta, topped with hearty mushrooms cooked with shallots, garlic and parsley.
This tasty mushroom polenta tart is quick and easy to prepare. It has a thick gluten-free layer of polenta, topped with hearty mushrooms cooked with shallots, garlic and parsley. Grilled in the oven, it is served with melted cheese on top and makes a truly yummy lunch or dinner option.
I use quick-cook polenta to make this mushroom polenta tart which, I know, is not ideal for the purists, but perfect when you do not have a lot of time to cook.
If you prefer a vegetarian option, you can, of course, replace the dairy-free butter and cheese with dairy alternatives (organic is as always best).
If you are looking for additional mushroom recipe inspiration head over to this ingredient section where all my mushroom recipes are compiled. They include my vegan creamy mushrooms on toast below made with my simple vegan cashew cream.
View this post on Instagram
These creamy vegan mushrooms on toast are the ultimate comfort food whenever you are short in time but crave something healthy and hearty.⠀ ⠀ Grab the recipe on the blog. Link in my bio.⠀ ⠀ #vegan #veganuary #bestof2019 #flexitarian #mushrooms #whatveganseat #veganfood #plantbased
Mushroom Polenta Tart [vegan] [gluten free]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 200 g shallots
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 375 g mushrooms
- handful parsley
- 175 g quick-cook polenta
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free butter
- 2 handfuls of grated vegan cheese
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add finely chopped shallots. Fry gently until soft. Add chopped mushrooms, crushed garlic and parsley. Cook for around 10 minutes until mushrooms are cooked. Season to taste.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable stock in a saucepan. Add the polenta and cook stirring continuously until it has a thick consistency (polenta grains will bind together to a creamy and smooth paste). When done mix in dairy-free butter.
- Pour the polenta on a lightly greased oven tray. Flatten with a spoon. Top with mushrooms mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place under the grill for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve straight away.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!