This light cauliflower & spinach egg curry is bursting with colour and vegetables.
This light cauliflower & spinach egg curry is bursting with colour and vegetables. Quick and easy, it makes such a great family meal.
If you are following me on Instagram you might recall the gorgeous curry a friend made on our last camping weekend. I got to crave egg curry over the next week and decided to make my own.
My first trial was a Spinach Egg Curry but my son insisted I added cauliflower. I was happy to oblige as quite frankly it is hard to argue with kids when they want to eat cauliflower 🙂
Serve this curry with brown rice, chutney and naan.
You can leave the eggs out to make it vegan. Also if you prefer mild dishes, this recipe is perfectly delicious without the chilli.
Cauliflower & Spinach Egg Curry [vegetarian]
- large saucepan
- small saucepan
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger root
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder – to taste
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Hard boil the eggs. Set aside when done and cool down.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, grated ginger root, curry powder. turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander and (if using) chilli powder. Cook gently until the onion is soft.
- Sliced pepper, cut cauliflower in small florets.
- Add pepper and cauliflower florets to the saucepan. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes cut in eighths, followed by coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook covered for around 15 mins until the cauliflower is cooked (it should still have a bite).
- Add spinach leaves and cook for a minute or so until wilted.
- Season with lemon juice plus salt and pepper.
- Peel the eggs. Cut them in half and place them in the curry. Leave for a few minutes under medium heat to heat the eggs through.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!