This delicious Crunchy Asian Salad is tossed in an invigorating lime and ginger dressing.
Tossed in an invigorating lime and ginger dressing, this crunchy Asian salad is fresh and tantalising.
Topped with mint, chilli and crushed peanuts, it is made with daikon, carrots, cucumber, quinoa and rocket. You can enjoy it on its own or as a side dish.
Daikon is an oriental winter radish. White in colour, it is much bigger than regular radishes and has a mild taste and crunchy texture.
How to make this Crunch Asian Salad
This recipe is ideal to use leftover quinoa. If you need to prepare the quinoa from scratch, simply cook 50g of quinoa in some boiling water for around 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside until it has cooled down.
To make this dish more interesting visually, I like to peel and cut the daikon into thin slices and cut each slice in quarters. Using a vegetable peeler, I cut the carrots and cucumber lengthwise into long thin slices.
All you have to do is mix the vegetables with the cooked quinoa and the rocket leaves and place everything on a serving dish. Top with mint leaves, finely sliced chilli and crushed peanuts.
You can then prepare the Lime & Ginger dressing and serve it on the side.
You can swap the quinoa for another whole grain such as barley, freekeh, giant couscous, brown rice, bulgur etc…
Out of season, you can swap daikon for other types of radishes.
Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, pak choi, mangetout do work well for this recipe. You can also add pepper, beansprout, endives etc…
Here are more salad recipes you may like to try
- CHARRED CORN SALAD [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- MOROCCAN CAULIFLOWER & QUINOA SALAD [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- ROASTED PARSNIP AND ORANGE SALAD [VEGAN] [GLUTEN FREE]
- SMOKY GRAIN SALAD [VEGETARIAN]
I hope you enjoy this Crunchy Asian Salad recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Crunchy Asian Salad
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 150 g daikon
- 100 g carrot
- 100 g cucumber
- 175 g cooked quinoa
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful peanuts
LIME & GINGER DRESSING
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 4-5 tsp brown sugar
- Peel daikon and carrots.
- Cut daikon into thin slices and cut each slice in quarters.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots and cucumber lengthwise into long thin slices.
- Mix together cooked quinoa, sliced carrots, sliced cucumber and quartered daikon with the rocket leaves. Place on a serving dish. Top with mint leaves, finely sliced chilli and crushed peanuts.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together lime juice, extra-virgin olive oil, sesame oil, tamari, freshly grated ginger, grated garlic clove, cider vinegar. Adjust the sweetness by adding brown sugar.
- Serve this crunchy Asian salad with the Lime & Ginger dressing on the side.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!