Aromatic Chinese Five Spice blend gives a delicious taste to this silky pumpkin soup.
Somewhere between sweet and savoury, this soup makes a great comforting meal warming you from the inside out.
Silky Chinese Five Spice Pumpkin Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- 600 g pumpkin flesh
- 250 g potatoes
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spices
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 large onion
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry finely sliced onion with crushed garlic and Chinese Five Spices.
- When the onion is soft, add pumpkin and potatoes cut in small chunks.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil. Then cook covered for around 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise soup.
- Season to taste with maple syrup, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
I cannot wait to see your posts!