Courgette & Tomato Basil Soup [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 500g courgettes (zucchinis) [1lb]
- 500g tomatoes [1lb]
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Litre vegetable stock [1.75 pint / US 4 cups]
- Olive oil
- large bunch of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry onion, coriander and garlic until soft.
- Add roughly chopped vegetables, vegetable stock, tomato purée and flour. Stir together and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add roughly chopped basil and liquidise again.
- Season to taste.