This Courgette & Tomato Basil Soup makes a delicious soup perfect for colder evenings. It is really lovely at this time of the year when trying to capture the last of Summer’s flavours or have a glut of courgettes to use.
If you want to freeze it, just leave the basil out. Simply add it when reheating the soup.
Enjoy it with crusty bread or croutons!
Here are more courgettes recipes you may like to try:
Also, this roasted courgette soup can be enjoyed either hot or chilled and is infused with refreshing flavours of lemon, mint, basil, and dill. Perfect for a light and satisfying meal.
I hope you enjoy this courgette & tomato basil soup recipe as much as we do. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Courgette & Tomato Basil Soup [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 500 g courgettes
- 500 g tomatoes
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves -crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Litre vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- large bunch of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, coriander and garlic until soft.
- Add the roughly chopped vegetables, vegetable stock, tomato purée and flour. Stir together and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the roughly chopped basil and liquidise again.
- Season to taste.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!