Lentil Quinoa Salad with Courgettes and Strawberries [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium courgette [275g / 9.8 oz]
- 200g strawberries [7oz]
- 200g feta cheese [7oz]
- 150g quinoa [5.3oz / just under 1 US cup]
- 200g puy lentils [7oz / US 1cup]
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 cm grated ginger root [0.4 inch]
- small bunch of fresh mint
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (+ extra for grilling)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in 2 separate saucepans.
- When boiling, add quinoa in one saucepan and lentils in the other. Cook according to packet instructions for around 12-15 mins until cooked. Both quinoa and lentils should still have a bite. Drain well. Place in a salad bowl to cool down.
- In the meantime brush some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cut courgette into thin slices and grilled them in the pan. You might need to do this in different batches.
- Make dressing by mixing together tahini, water, crushed garlic, lime juice, grated ginger, vinegars, olive oil and maple syrup. Season to taste.
- Hull and quarter strawberries.
- Toss quinoa and lentils together in dressing. Place in a salad bowl or on a large serving platter.
- Carefully mix in courgette slices and strawberries.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and a handful of mint leaves.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |