This Lentil Quinoa Salad with Courgettes and Strawberries is a complete meal and has a delicious tahini dressing.
What a lovely Summer dish! This Lentil Quinoa Salad with Courgettes and Strawberries is a complete meal and has a delicious tahini dressing.
Vegetarian and gluten-free, it is also easy and quick to make.
Lentil Quinoa Salad with Courgettes and Strawberries [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- 2 saucepans
- Frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 275 g courgette
- 200 g strawberries
- 200 g feta cheese
- 150 g quinoa
- 200 g puy lentils
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 cm grated ginger root [0.4 inches]
- small bunch of fresh mint
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil + extra for grilling
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in 2 separate saucepans.
- When boiling, add the quinoa in one saucepan and the lentils in the other. Cook according to packet instructions for around 12-15 mins until cooked. Both the quinoa and lentils should still have a bite. Drain well. Place in a salad bowl to cool down.
- In the meantime brush some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cut the courgette into thin slices and grilled them in the pan. You might need to do this in different batches.
- Make the dressing by mixing together tahini, water, crushed garlic, lime juice, grated ginger, vinegars, olive oil and maple syrup. Season to taste.
- Hull and quarter the strawberries.
- Toss the quinoa and lentils together in dressing. Place in a salad bowl or on a large serving platter.
- Carefully mix in the courgette slices and strawberries.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and a handful of mint leaves.
I cannot wait to see your posts!